Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What are the rules of grieving?

Anissa,
So many times this week I have thought "I've got to call Anissa" and then I remember I cant.
I guess if I had the courage to delete your phone number from my cell I wouldnt be as tempted.
What's the rule on that anyway? At what point do I delete you from my phone book. As crazy as it sounds it seems too final for me and I'm not ready to admit that I'll never get to call you again.
SO for now it's just going to stay there. Crazy as it is I even assigned a ringer to it like your gonna call me one day and I'll hear your Reba McIntire ringtone play "Fancy" and it will be you on the other end and all this will just be over. Truth is I know it will never be over and I'll never be over being an only child now. I missed you especially on Mother's Day. Dad and I went to the cemetary and I put a stone out that reads "Asher's Mom" yet it didn't feel like enough. I want to wake up every day and scream to the world that my sister is gone but I don't. Instead I have to decide to scream instead........ I'm still alive.
From Gunka With Love

No comments: