Monday, May 21, 2007

Should've -Would've- Could've

Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve.. three words I’ve come to hate
All I can do is close my eyes and just eat what’s on my plate.
So many things I should’ve said or would’ve if I’d known
Now to tell you I looked up to you means looking down at stone.

Telling you how beautiful I always thought you were,
Just loses it’s delivery as I kneel here on the dirt
I thought I’d have another day at least another dance,
But as I stand here at your grave I see I missed my chance.

But just in case your listening I’m gonna get it off my chest.
You were my friend, you were my hero and as a sister you were the best.
You always saw my cup half full and forgave me no matter what.
Times when I was mean and hateful, you acted like you forgot.

You were the melody in my songs and the tissue for my tears.
You were the calm during my storms and made my grey skies clear.
You made me laugh when things were bad, when I felt like giving in.
And when I thought I was ugly, you saw a perfect ten.

This list could go on forever so I’ll stop at a few,
But I’ve decided when I grow up…………….I want to be like you!

From Gunka With Love...............
March 2007

No comments: