Sunday, June 24, 2007

Written in Stone


Anissa,
I went to the cemetary Friday to see your headstone...............they finally got it all set.
It made me sad not just because of the obvious but because I realize that other than taking flowers to your grave, I can't really do much else. I know some people don't like going there and that's okay...........I go because I know you and it would be important to you to have it neat and presentable just in case people drop by. I wonder who else besides us goes by there if anybody.......I miss you so much I know there has to be others that do the same. I feel peace when I go there now. Not peace about you leaving or never getting to see you on this earth again but peace with myself, knowing that since the day you died I have done everything in my power to keep your spirit alive. I promise you I will always do this. No matter how many days or weeks or years have passed I wilk make sure this world knows who you are and how special you were. I love you always
Carrie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie you are not alone, Dennis and I went to Anissa's grave site Saturday as well as Bobby's! We wanted to see the headstone. It is absolutely beautiful. Anissa would be so proud. We also cleaned up around her grave picking up sticks and debris after the big rain and we found a silhouette picture of Bobby fishing at the lake lying on the ground. We picked it up and hung it on the oil derrick.The chimes were ringing in the wind very peaceful sounding! Anissa would be so proud of the spot that Trvis picked for her. I'm glad Marie was able to find a spot so close to Anissa. I could almost here Booby saying something about his "High Dollar" sister made sure her daughter got the best headstone and spot available! (ha/ha). I know he would be very pleased and honored to know that he was layed to rest so close to Anissa! Who knows, they are probably discussing it right now in Heaven! Thank you for keeping us updated on things! We love you, Aunt Patti and Uncle Dennis

Suzanne said...

Hi Carrie,

I don't know you or your family, but I felt as if I did when I started following your family's story before Anissa died. My dad Buddy Lautaret is a friend of your family somehow through Fellowship Baptist Church in Longview.

I was so touched by your sister's story that I have never deleted the carepage updates (and still check Anissa's page for updates when I check on another friend of mine who is fighting cancer and has a carepage).

I just wanted to let you know that I still pray for your family and my heart aches for your loss. I identify so much with the way you talk about your younger sister (I too have a younger sister who would boss me around).

You remain in my thoughts and I continue to pray for peace and healing for you.

Love in Christ,

Suzanne :)